Anjeso® (meloxicam) injection
- Up to 24 hours pain relief*
- Demonstrated safety and tolerability
- COX-2 preferential IV NSAID†
- Once-daily IV push
*When initiating ANJESO, monitor patient pain response. If patient experiences inadequate analgesia during the 24-hour dosing interval, consider adding a short-acting, non-NSAID, immediate-release analgesic.1
†The mechanism of action of ANJESO, like other NSAIDs, is not completely understood, but involves inhibition of both COX-1 and COX-2 pathways. COX-2 activity is based on in vitro data, not clinical trial data.1
COX-1, cyclooxygenase 1; COX-2, cyclooxygenase 2; IV, intravenous; NSAID, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
ANJESO is indicated for use in adults for the management of moderate-to-severe pain, alone or in combination with non-NSAID analgesics.
Limitation of Use: Because of delayed onset of analgesia, ANJESO alone is not recommended for use when rapid onset of analgesia is required.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
WARNING: RISK OF SERIOUS CARDIOVASCULAR AND GASTROINTESTINAL EVENTS
• Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) cause an increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events, including myocardial infarction and stroke, which can be fatal. This risk may occur early in treatment and may increase with duration of use.
• ANJESO is contraindicated in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
• NSAIDs cause an increased risk of serious gastrointestinal (GI) adverse events including bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal. These events can occur at any time during use and without warning symptoms. Elderly patients and patients with a prior history of peptic ulcer disease and/or GI bleeding are at greater risk for serious GI events.
Please see additional Important Safety Information, including Boxed Warning, and full Prescribing Information on www.anjeso.com.